Many vets say that a nutritious, well-balanced and grain-free raw diet is perhaps the most important factor in your pet’s overall health and longevity. With proper nutrition from Darwin’s raw pet food, you can help your dog or cat to:
- Have more energy
- Clear up skin problems, including relieving allergies
- Fight off the effects of chronic diseases like arthritis
- Improve digestion and freshen breath
- Live longer
Commercial Pet Foods are like Fast Food
Most commercial pet foods today are the equivalent of fast food, designed for convenience and shelf life instead of nutrition. All dry and canned pet foods suffer from the similar shortcomings:
- Cooking and high pressure processing destroys most of the vital enzymes and vitamins in food
- Synthetic additives only replace just some of the lost nutrients and are not absorbed well
- Long-term storage in warehouses and retail stores further depletes micronutrients
- Less-expensive ingredients including grains add calories but pets cannot digest them
- Protein can come from difficult to digest sources
Good nutrition is as important for pets as it is for people
Like us, our pet’s digestive systems are designed for natural, wholesome foods – with all the nutrients still in, not processed out. We improve our own health when we reduce our reliance on processed foods, and the same is true for the health of our pets.
Darwin’s uses only human-quality, USDA-approved meats and (for dogs) vegetables, with no fillers. The high protein in Darwin’s pet food comes from real meat, not from grains, soy, or from “meat by-products”. We visit the farms that supply our high-quality meats to ensure that the animals are treated humanely and are free range, cage-free and hormone-free. Darwin’s pet food is minimally processed and immediately frozen to preserve freshness.