A Happier, Healthier Pet Starts Here!
Choosing a fresh, raw diet is the first step on your way to a happier, healthier life with your pet. Below, we have some quick tips and an easy transition video to get you started.
Get Ready for Raw!
- Choose a familiar meat to start and let it defrost in your fridge for 24-48 hours using the thaw tub provided in your order.
- Freeze any recently delivered meals that won’t be consumed within 24-48 hours.
- For kibble eaters, add warm water to dry food to help your cat adjust to the soft texture of raw food. Cats especially love their food at body temperature.
- Now is the perfect time to start feeding on a regular schedule. No more free-feeding! This helps your cat build up an appetite.
- Try feeding by hand to start if your cat’s skittish of trying new things. The familiar smell of you will let them know this new food is safe. Of course, always wash your hands before and after hand-feeding raw food.
Making the Switch
Many cats immediately take to raw meals, but we recommend starting slow to allow your feline friend to adjust to their new diet.
Once your cat has fully transitioned to their new diet, we recommend feeding 2-4% of their body weight per day. Remember, one patty is equal to one 8oz cup of dry food.