A Happier, Healthier Pet Starts Here!
Many dogs immediately take to their new raw diet, but here are some helpful tips to get you started while you wait for your meals to arrive:
- For kibble eaters, start adding warm water to dry food to help your dog adjust to the soft texture of raw food.
- Limit treats during the transition – especially flour/grain based snacks; this will increase your dog’s appetite for its meals.
- Fast your dog the night before so they are ready to devour their new meals.
- Start with a familiar meat to start. This will make it easier on your dog’s digestive system.
- Provide plenty of access to clean water.
- For puppies under 4-months of age, or if your pet has a compromised immune system, we recommend lightly cooking Darwin’s Meals by sautéing in a pan over medium to medium-high heat for 8-12 minutes to minimize any risks associated with feeding raw foods.
For more information about transitioning your pet, please click here.