A Happier, Healthier Pet Starts Here!
Choosing a fresh, raw diet is the first step on your way to a happier, healthier life with your pet. Below, we have some quick tips and an easy transition video to get you started.
Get Ready for Raw!
- Choose a familiar meat to start and let it defrost in the fridge for 24-48 hours, using the thaw tub provided in your order.
- Freeze any recently delivered meals that won’t be consumed within 24-48 hours.
- For kibble eaters, add warm water to dry food to help your dog adjust to the soft texture of raw food.
- Now is the perfect time to start feeding on a regular schedule. No more free-feeding!
- Fast your pup the night before so he’s ready to chow down in the morning.
- Serve food at room temperature to enhance the aroma.
Making the Switch
Many dogs immediately take to their new raw diet, but we recommend starting slow to allow them time to adjust. Typically, transition takes about 10 days.
Once your dog has fully transitioned to his raw diet, we recommend feeding 2-4% of his body weight per day. Remember, one patty is equal to an 8oz cup of dry kibble.