Benefits of Raw
Stop Feeding Your Pet “Fast Food”
How would you feel if, day in and day out, you ate nothing but processed nuggets?
Now, think about your pet’s diet.
Dry and canned pet foods may sound healthy but are actually designed for the pet owner’s convenience and maximum shelf life instead of nutrition for their pet.
Whether you feed your pet from a bag or can, these heavily-processed foods share similar shortcomings:
- Cooking and high pressure processing destroys most of the vital enzymes and vitamins in the ingredients.
- Only a small percentage of the lost nutrients are replaced by synthetic additives but even these are not easily absorbed by your pet.
- Cheap ingredients including grains and fillers add calories but are actually difficult for pets to digest.
- Protein levels can look good on the label but can also come from difficult to digest sources.
- Heavily-processed pet foods contain preservatives for long-term storage in warehouses and retail stores. Preservatives not only depletes micronutrients but have been connected with many common allergies – such as yeast on the skin, paws and in the ears.
Start Feeding Your Pet “Real Food”
No preservatives. No high-pressure processing.
No synthetic additives. No hormones. No antibiotics.
No grains, no fillers.
We know that your pet’s digestive system is designed for whole foods with nutrients in their natural form. Darwin’s raw meals are created to compliment your pet’s nutritional needs.
See the Difference Raw Pet Food Can Make
Many customers tell us they see dramatic changes in their pets after switching to Darwin’s:
- More energy and increased vitality
- Relief from common skin problems, especially those caused by food intolerances
- A shiny and healthy coat
- A sharp decrease in common diseases and conditions like arthritis and diabetes
- Improved digestion, fresher breath and smaller and almost odorless poops
- Extended life and improved quality of life
Good Nutrition is Important for Pets Too
Darwin’s uses only high quality meats and vegetables in our dog and cat food; we never use fillers. The protein in our meals comes from real meat, not from grains, soy, or “meat by-products”. Our meals are a single meat type each; 100% meat for cats and 75% meat with 25% vegetables for dogs. This single meat source formula is designed to allow you to easily adjust meals if your pet is allergic to a particular meat. Our pet food is minimally processed to maintain the most nutrients possible and immediately frozen to preserve freshness.
The Ancestral Side of Raw Food and Why It’s Important
The concept of the ancestral diet for dogs and cats stems from the fact that dogs and cats have evolved successfully through hunting and scavenging – consuming foods that were high in protein and low in carbohydrates and not at all like the kibble so many are fed today.
Recent nutritional science increasingly supports an ancestral diet—high protein, balanced fats, and at least some fresh foods—as the healthiest approach to feeding most dogs. There is no way of knowing for sure exactly what constituted the diet of the ancestors of the modern, domesticated, dog and cat, but we can estimate that it consisted of about 85 to 90% meat (primarily from whole prey) along with small amounts of fish, eggs, scavenged grasses, berries, nuts and other vegetation.
This low carb high protein diet has almost 50% of the calories coming from protein, 44% from fat, and only 6% from carbohydrate. This protein level exceeds all but a few dry on the market. Darwin’s raw food profile closely mirrors the foods our pets’ ancestors found in nature, making it the best way to feed your pet.